THELENDER SOCIAL MEDIA 10 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
These are the Official Rules for the theLender Social Media 10 Days of Christmas Promotion (“Promotion”).
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Company: This Promotion is being offered by Hometown Equity Mortgage, LLC (NMLS #133519) d/b/a The Lender, a Missouri limited liability company with an address of 25531 Commercentre Drive, # 250, Lake Forest, California 92630 (“Company”). Inquiries relating to the Promotion should be sent to contact@theLender.com.
2. Terms and Conditions: By participating in the Promotion, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of the Company, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Your ability to receive a prize is contingent upon all the requirements set forth herein.
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States, who, at the time of entering the Promotion are eighteen years of age or older. All entrants must be natural persons. No entries from business entities will be accepted. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE, REGULATION OR ORDINANCE.
4. Promotion Period: The Promotion beings on Tuesday December 1, 2020 at noon Pacific Standard Time and ends on Tuesday December 15, 2020 at ten o’clock am (10:00 am) Pacific Standard Time (the “Promotion Period”). One Prize will be selected for each business day during the Promotion Period. Company’s computer system will constitute the official timekeeping device for determining the beginning and end of the Promotion Period.
5. How to Enter: No purchase is necessary to enter or win. You may enter one entry per business day of the Promotion Period. You will be eligible to win only one Prize during the Promotion Period. Each business day during the Promotion Period, Company will make a post on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram which identifies the day of the Promotion (1-10) and the Prize for that day. Entrants may submit an entry for the applicable day by doing one of the following options prior to 8:00 am Pacific Standard Time the following day:
Option One: To enter on Facebook, (a) visit and “Like” our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/theLenderwholesale; (b) like our photo regarding this Promotion; (c) tag a friend in the comments to our post with the hashtag #TheLender10DayChristmasSweepstakes.
Option Two: To enter on Instagram, (a) visit and Follow our Instagram account at https://www.instagram.com/_thelender/ (@_thelender); (b) like our photo regarding this Promotion; (c) tag a friend in the comments to our post with the hashtag #TheLender10DayChristmasSweepstakes.
Option Three: To enter on LinkedIn, (a) visit and Follow our LinkedIn company page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/thelender/; (b) like our photo regarding this Promotion; (c) tag a friend in the comments to our post; and (d) repost our promotion photo on LinkedIn with the hashtag #TheLender10DayChristmasSweepstakes.
By way of example, the first business day of the Promotion Period is Tuesday, December 1. At 8:00 am PST, Company will post about the Promotion and Prize for the day. Entries will be eligible for that day’s prize provided the Entrant follows one of the methods of entry described above prior to 8:00 am PST on Wednesday December 2, 2020.
6. Prizes: Ten total prizes will be awarded. One winner will be selected for each business day during the Promotion Period by random drawing. The Prizes for each day are:
a. Tuesday, December 1 Prize: Apple Watch Series 6 40mm Silver Aluminum Case with Sport Loop (approx. retail value (“ARV”) $400.
b. Wednesday, December 2 Prize: Rockland Melbourne Hardside Expandable Spinner Wheel Luggage, Charcoal, 3-Piece Set (ARV$225)
c. Thursday, December 3 Prize: Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case (ARV $150)
d. Friday, December 4 Prize: All-new Ring Video Doorbell – 1080p HD video, improved motion detection, easy installation – Venetian Bronze (ARV $70)
e. Monday, December 7 Prize: JBL FLIP 4 – Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker – Black (ARV $80)
f. Tuesday, December 8 Prize: Amazon gift card (ARV $100)
g. Wednesday, December 9 Prize: Apple iPad (10.2 inch, wi-Fi, 32gb, 8th edition) (ARV $330)
h. Thursday, December 10 Prize: Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones – Apple W1 Headphone Chip, Class 1 Bluetooth, 40 Hours of Listening Time – Satin Silver) (ARV $170)
i. Friday, December 11 Prize: Echo Show 5 (ARV $45)
j. Monday, December 14 Prize: SAMSUNG 55-Inch Class Crystal UHD TU-8000 Series – 4K UHD HDR Smart TV (ARV $500)
Company reserves the right to reorder the dates and prizes during the Promotion Period.
7. Winner Selection. The drawing for each business day during the Promotion Period will take place on or about noon PST the following day from all eligible entries received for that day. For example, the first business day of the Promotion Period is Tuesday, December 1. The first business day Prize will be promoted beginning at 8:00 am PST on December 1. The entry period for that day will close at 8:00 am PST on Wednesday, December 2, and a winner will be randomly selected and announced at noon PST on Wednesday, December 2.
8. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. You may win only one Prize during the Promotion Period, even if you enter each of the ten days.
9. Winner Notification. The winner will be notified within twenty-four (24) hours of selection via direct message through Instagram, LinkedIn or Facebook (depending on method of entry). If the winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours from the time Company sends the notification, another winner will be drawn, or the prize will be forfeited. Certain restrictions may apply.
10. VERIFICATION REQUIRED. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY THE COMPANY, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE PROMOTION SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. COMPANY WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF THEIR VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
11. Social Media: The Promotion will be advertised or administered through the Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn social media platforms (“Social Media”). You understand and acknowledge, however, that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any Social Media platform on which it is offered or advertised, including Facebook and Instagram. You agree to adhere to all rules established by Social Media platforms and will not create multiple Social Media accounts, or repeatedly post duplicate or near duplicate information or links to enter into the Promotion multiple times. Any information you provide for the Promotion is being provided to Company rather than Facebook or any other Social Media platform. You fully release Facebook and all other Social Media from all claims, losses and harm that you may allege or incur relating to this Promotion.
12. Non-Transferable. Prizes are not assignable or transferrable and winners may not request substitute prizes in lieu of the prize promoted and offered. Company reserves the right to substitute a prize of greater or equal value.
13. Responsibility for Prize. If you win the Promotion prize, you understand and agree that you are solely responsible for the use, care and maintenance of the Prize, including (without limitation) any and all insurance requirements, licensing requirements, and liability for use.
14. Publicity: Acceptance of the Prize constitutes consent for the Company to share your social media posts regarding this Promotion, along with the use your name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where expressly prohibited by law.
15. Other Requirements. The winner may, at the Company’s discretion, be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, additional release of liability, and, where lawful, an additional publicity consent agreement. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to return the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations while participating in this Promotion and accepting any Prizes.
16. Taxes. The Prize is considered taxable income, and winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. Winner will receive an IRS 1099 form reflecting the amount they receive as a Prize.
17. LIMITATIONS. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO GUARANTEE, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
18. RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS COMPANY, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES, AND EACH OF THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES (“COMPANY REPRESENTATIVES”) FROM ANY DAMAGE, INJURY, EXPENSE, COST, DEATH, LOSS, CLAIM, ACTION, DEMAND, OR OTHER LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, TRAVEL TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, AND FROM ANY MISUSE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. YOU FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS THAT ARISE (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) FROM YOUR ACTIONS OR YOUR BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
19. Limitations: Company shall not be responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, or entries containing incorrect or incomplete information. Company is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any mail network, telephone network or lines, computer, on-line, or Internet systems or services, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry or confirmation or winners notice on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, problems with the Company website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from downloading any materials in connection with the Promotion. Entries become the property of Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
20. Right to Modify or Terminate the Promotion. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in the event of fraud, technical difficulties or failures, or any other factor beyond Company’s reasonable control that interferes with, affects or corrupts the proper administration, security, fairness or integrity of the conduct of the Promotion. In such event, Company reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) to award prizes at random among eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the suspected impairment.
21. Disqualification. Company reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Company website, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules or any laws.
22. Disputes. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in federal or state court located in California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards of damages relating to the Promotion and any prizes awarded will be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred in entering the Promotion, but shall not include attorneys’ fees or costs incurred in bringing a cause of action.
24. Winner Information. For the name of the prize winner, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope with a written request for information on the winner of this contest to:
Hometown Equity Mortgage, LLC d/b/a The Lender
25531 Commercentre Drive, # 250
Lake Forest, California 92630